All 1,057 audio Reviews

Final Fantasy VI - Terra's Theme Orchestrated Final Fantasy VI - Terra's Theme Orchestrated

I play this piece on my piano every now and then :)
It's very very pretty, and you've made a very very pretty rendition of it, giving it justice ^___^

I know it has been a while now, and you've probably moved on. That said, I think you could've indeed made a massive transition from the calm mood, to something uplifting (like the second part of the original Terra's Theme), with a full orchestra. That's not easy to pull off though. If you'd want inspiration, there's a pretty huge transition if another favorite piece of mine, around the middle:

So you could basically build into the more uplifting part, and naturally do it in your own way :D
Great job with what you've got already!

AceMantra responds:

Hey, thanks! :3
I was actually wondering what I should make next; maybe I'll go back and work on this one. The piece you suggested does spark some ideas. ;)

Contigo Siempre Contigo Siempre

Nice work on this one :D!

BlueOceans responds:

Thanks, you too :)

Love Never Ending Love Never Ending

Just here to listen, and to let you know I thoroughly enjoyed your composition!
You've managed to create a personal song that really lets your emotions shine through. Now what could be more beautiful than that?

Bosa responds:

I was deeply inspired for this one ;)

It's always great to hear from you! Love you bro!

Endowment Endowment

I'm with Jordi. I enjoyed this piece a lot! :D

Ectisity responds:

Thanks Lucid, glad you enjoyed it ;).

A Little Older, A Little Wiser A Little Older, A Little Wiser

A nice piece! I hope you do well in the competition. Not really a review, just wanted to let you know I finally remembered to listen, and that I enjoyed it!
Good luck ;)

P.S. That low bass sound tho!

larrynachos responds:

Thanks for the review, LSD! I made the bass myself in serum, is it bad?

Mara Nu Mara Nu

In Swahili - Mara Nu = You have no time :O?

I ended up listening to the whole thing, which means I really enjoyed it!

Deshiel responds:

Kinda haha, but I have zero knowledge of Swahili. I just thought it up because it sounded good in my mind, but come to think of it, everytime I try to create unique names, they already mean something. :D

Looking Back Looking Back

It's a nice track, hehhe. Well deserved winner, even if you didn't expect it!

SnowTeddy responds:

Thank you for your response!

Race Against Yourself Race Against Yourself

Another really catchy one! If we somehow manage to make it to the next round of NGADM, it seems you're really pumped :O!!!
I will make sure to be the same as well, if indeed we somehow make it ;)

You can go completely wild if you want xDDD

(Nice loop, btw!)

SnowTeddy responds:

Thank you for your review, Alex. :)

Society Of The Spectacle Society Of The Spectacle

I seem to have missed a few of your uploads! So I'm going through them all right now, and enjoying them quite a lot!

Man the arps here are incredible, and that interlude at 1:13 o.O
A super powerful track!
Very well done :O

SnowTeddy responds:

Thank you for your words!

Post-Party Snooze Post-Party Snooze

This is a really lovely piece! I feel the mix is pretty good, especially considering you did it while composing. The instrumentation and development of the piece are super interesting too! Most of the sound design is lovely :D

The melodies and chords, to the most part, are really, really nice!
There are a couple of rhythmic aspects to the melodies at times I feel could be improved on, like the piano interlude at 1:55. Like, the interestic rhythmic choice at 2:03 didn't really work for me in this particular instance, with the piano (I heard it working well for some of the other instruments though).

Nice ending too.

P.S. You almost used my favorite melodic line at 3:14 :'p

BlueOceans responds:

Thank you for the review! I would respond more but I feel exhausted from lack of sleep. I'm still not sure how I gathered enough energy to make this.